[amayausers.com] trim failure causes breaking needles

  • From: "r.rinehartsr" <drader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:26:27 -0500

For the past 5 days my 5 month old Amaya XT has occasionally failed to cut a
trim causing the needle to snap off at the eye. It then continues to sew about
6-7 more stitches until the machine realizes what has happened.  Those 6-7
stitches of a jagged needle causes tears in the fabric. I sit close by and look
at each and every trim as I attempt to clean up the last article just taken off
the machine.  BUT...it seems to be failing to trim once every 9-12 thousand
stitches and I nearly break my neck jumping over to hit the emergency button
before it breaks another needle and tears more fabric.  Needless-to-say, most
times I don't get it stopped in time.  After running about 35 aprons this is
getting on my last nerve <grin>!  I just completed the 4 million maintence
during apron #5 which included blowing air under the needleplate (actually it
was clean as a whistle to start with). But obviously that did no good.  I
looked through the entire manual, even under trouble shooting and found no help
there.  Is there a setting or adjustment that can be done to make the knife
trim like it should.  I had big RED amaya for two years and never had as many
problems as I'm having with Miss Grey.  She is also doing some loud clicking
when traveling from needle to needle.  The minute I hear it I go into settings,
and I take each needle back to HOME, which always takes care of the problem.
But after about 100,000 to 200,000 stitches, it starts in again!  Sure could
use some help with the trim failure if anyone is still listening tonight!!!!!
     Thanks, Debbie in Indiana
Debbie Rinehart
Deb'z-N-Stitches
www.debznstitches.com