[amayausers] Re: tiny jump stitches?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 01:48:43 UT

This message was posted by susan on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/169.html#000002

Hi Carole,
First you can make those jump stitches show on screen in DS by bringing up the
properties box, go to the view tab and select show connectors.  I chose to make
this my default choice.

Tina's comment on putting in a color change would work.  You could do the same
thing in the lettering properties box by putting a trim (scissors icon to right
of text box) between every letter.  Or an easier way is when the lettering
properties box is up, select the lock/trim tab.  At the bottom select the Trim
if connector is greater than   and put some small number in.  Then most likely
all of your letters will be trimmed.  You can double check this on your screen
if you did the view, show connectors I mentioned before.

Now after saying that, I must add that you might not really want to trim after
every letter.  It really slows the stitching down.  I like to move each letter
as close as I can together and still look good.  You can do this by using the
left and right arrow keys that are at the right side in the lettering
properties box.  Then I check out on screen how much of a small jump stitch
shows.  If I did it right, it is so small that it won't be noticed after
stitching and it doesn't need to be removed.  I also like to select in the
lettering properties box (about half way down) Connections, Closest Point.
This helps out the problem as well.

Hope this helps.

Susan
Embroidery Station