[amayausers] Re: stop button not working

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:44:21 -0600

Loree,
First, have you tried the keypad test to see if the keypad is functioning
properly? If not, this can be done while you are in Amaya OS (machine on ).
Select the "Maintenance" tab and the click on the "Keypad" tab.

Pressing any of the keys in this mode will turn them bright pink or a purple
color ( on the computer screen ) and then releasing the key , if the key is
working properly, will turn the key to gray and turn the font on the key to
yellow. Clicking on the help button will give you a very good explanation of
this process.

On the backside of the rubber keypad insert and under each key are two very
small contact pads that contact the face of the PC board inside of the
keypad housing. There is a remote possibility that one of these have come
loose. If the problem is persistent, I would advise calling Melco and
getting a replacement keypad on the way.

A word of caution.....if you at anytime decide to take the keypad housing
apart to check anything, be extremely careful of any electrical static
discharge from your fingers to the PC board. It won't hurt you but it may
damage the PC board operation.  This is the same thing that happens when you
drag your feet across the carpet and then touch someone. They get zapped.
Also be extremely careful not to drop the PC board of drop or lay anything
on it. PC boards by their very nature are very sensitive and are very
vulnerable to damage.

Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician/Owner
(Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing)