[amayausers] Re: selector stepper index error

  • From: "Avalon Embroidery & Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:51:16 -0700

Thank you Jeff!

Have a great weekend!

Barbara
Avalon Embroidery
San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Banks
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 1:46 PM
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: selector stepper index error

Barbara,

 This is an error caused by the selector moving a bit out of the home
position. The selector is part of the trimming system in the XT. It picks or

grabs the threads and pulls in position for trimming.

 We have found in some machines that the sensor for the selector and the
software monitoring the sensor may be set to be too sensitive. This error
can occur, and then the selector is pulled back out of the way, and nothing
is wrong or out of the ordinary. Melco is currently looking at modifying the

way the selector is monitored and removing the message you received.

 Keep an eye on it, and if the error starts to become frequent, then there
may be something wrong with the selector. Perhaps a piece of thread or
debris is in the way of it moving properly. Use some compressed air and blow

out the area under the needle plate to clean out all debris.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems