[amayausers.com] Re: selector stepper error / trimmer error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:00:58 UT

This message was posted by mtgraphix on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/815.html

Hi everyone  :)

Before I say anything, let me assure you that I have already searched the forum
for help; I find several people with the same error messages I have, however,
there seems to be no resolution.

The message(s) I get:
"Selector stepper index error - not on index while sewing"
and also the same message about the trimmer.

I have an the red AMAYA and current software.  The machine will stitch, however
it doesn't trim and stops for each color change to give me an error code; I
have to trim the thread manually, cancel the msg and push start to get it going
again.

So far I have:
1. cleaned and oiled the trimmer

2. uninstalled and reinstalled my software, just to be certain. . . .I recently
changed to Vista and also had to change my software versions to get it to work
at all. . .

3. called tech and gone through the troubleshooting steps with them - detect
trimmer, test, etc.
(My trimmer does not always move, and makes a horrendous noise during the
test).  Which led me to remove the cover over the PCB and blow off any lint,
and checked and re-seated all the connections.

4. I took the cover off the arm so I could see the front of the cables, cleaned
out the dust, etc.  I did the 'test' function again. . .still no better, and
the noises seem to be coming from further back in the machine, behind the arm.
I am contemplating taking off the cover at the back of the arm - where it
attaches to the machine - to see if the problem is there.

My gut suspicion is that something is either broken or detached? And I'm not
really sure HOW that can happen?

Any suggestions?
thanks. . .
Judy