[amayausers.com] problem with DS lettering solved...

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:06:21 -0400

Steve called me yesterday after I posted about problems with
Design Shop freezing up while I tried to change some lettering.
Suggested it was low ram on the computer...which I have 2 gigs.
So that wasn't it...but after I shut down for the night, he got me to
thinking...the files I was working on were NOT on the computer,
they were on a thumb drive I use for transfering artwork from my
Mac to the PC! So I figured...I'll bet it's 'tranfering' from PC to thumbdrive that is freezing it up-this morning I copied the file to the hard drive, and
just finished all the lettering tweaking in a couple minutes.
Thanks Steve...even though you didn't get the right item you had the
right idea! Now I know that thumb drives won't work for 'active' files-
only for storage or transferring-get the files OFF the thumb drives to
work on them!
Duh....
told you I was a MAC man...not a PC geek!   LOL
Thanks

Roland R. Irish III

www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx