[amayausers.com] Re: post hurricane update

  • From: "springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:32:51 -0700

Sandra,

Sorry to hear your business suffered a blow but glad to hear that you and yours made it through safely!!

As far as moving the machine.....it would be best to have an Amaya shipping box to transport it in but...barring that...do not transport it while it is on it's stand. Take it off the stand and place it on a stable surface, preferably one that can dampen any vibration to the sensitive parts of the machine, like the motherboard for example.

Protect the needle case at all costs. Do not let anyone lift the machine and carry it, except from the sides, never from the front or back. Doing so may cause the needle case to contact a persons body placing undue strain on this sensitive part( I am talking about the machines sensitive parts, so no wise cracks Ed.  ;-}} ....)   ...an example would be carrying it up or down stairs, the needle case would be crushed somewhat by a persons chest if it was on the down hill side......

Do not use any wrapping so that it would bind the needle case from the front or sides......in short, protect the needle case but do not pack the machine in anyway that something is or would place any strain on the needle case.......

If you are letting a moving company transport the machine, I would seriously think about contacting Melco and inquire about the possibility of aquiring an original shipping container........someone on the group may know of someone close to you that has recently recieved an Amaya and still may have a shipping box around......just a thought.......good luck.......one good thing, you will still be in Texas and I would bet they serve that BBQ beef brisket there too........  ;-))

Rod Springer

Amaya Tech & Trainer

On Thu Oct 2 19:27 , Debbie Rinehart sent:

Sandra,

Our prayers are with you as you relocate. I can't say moving my machine was easy two years ago, but I worried FAR more than I needed to!!  So, just keep your chin up and don't let it beat you!!  Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing!

Debbie Rinehart

Deb'z-N-Stitches!!

From: Sandra Walker
Subject: [amayausers.com] post hurricane update
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 10:22 AM

Wanted to check in with everyone after Hurricane Ike... I live in one of the
areas that was hit pretty badly. Thankfully, I & my dogs are safe and my
home wasn't damaged. Sadly my
business didn't fare so well.

I'm very blessed to have family in the Austin area. The plan is for me to
relocate there and hopefully get my business going again, possibly part-time
at first. Anyway, I think there are some things that need to be done to
prepare an Amaya for moving. Does anyone know what they are? I'd
appreciate any information that you can share.

Sandra Walker
A&E Clothing and Embroidery
Montgomery, Texas

Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net========================================================== The AmayaUsers Mailing List Website: http://www.amayausers.com Discussion Board: http://www.amayausers.com/boards Subscribe/Unsubscribe: http://www.amayausers.com/list ==========================================================