[amayausers.com] Re: moving the Amaya XT

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:32:42 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1071.html#000004

We had our XT relocated to a shop downtown recently, and took the 'top'
(machine itself) off and carefully put it in the SUV he had, and the cart went
next to it. They only drove a couple of blocks and then put it back
together...but we had already arranged for our local service tech (Brian) to be
there the next day and give it a complete head to toe going over and pronounced
it 'safely moved'...but for just a local gig...forgeddabodit!
you are moving a $10,000 (okay, around that) piece of equipment that only needs
one 'oops' into the needle head and then you have a $3500 repair...just
absolutely not worth it. And are you going to make enough money to MAKE it
worth all the trouble? No one has yet...they have reported setting up at horse
shows, business fairs, and just barely doing anything to keep busy. Think long
and hard about it...and remember, should any damage occur-the bill is ALL
YOURS...not the people running the show, not warranty, and how long could you
be totally out of business afterwards waiting for repairs?