[amayausers] Re: moving Amaya

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:49:34 -0600

Michele,

        PRAY!

No, just kidding.  I'm a kidder.  Of course it never hurts to try...

        But here's a shot in the dark...  No chance you now have a ceiling fan
or
A/C/Heater register blowing on the machine?  I've experience that on one of
my calls.  Also, any chance you have it next to any new bright lights or
next to a window where the sun is shining on her?  Again, as I said, a shot
in the dark.

        When ever you find yourself in a situation like this, you should always
have yourself a reference point to verify your machine is not the problem.
I would suggest a simple design, say 16 BLOCK letter "I"'s about 1" tall
with a color change between each letter "I".  If you do two rows of eight,
they should fit in a 15cm or 5.85" hoop with no problem.  Increase your
column width to about 130%.  Throw in a little zig zag underlay and include
some tie in's and tie off's for good measure.  Sew this on two layers of
cut-a-way backing at about 1000 spm with a clean bobbin case and a new
bobbin spool.  Set your "inching stitch count" setting to, oh, something
like 6 or 7.  Material Thickness should be about a 3 or 4 and set your color
sequence to sew on all 16 needles.  Try to use standard polyester thread
with good integrity. (I knew a lady who said her grandmother had taught her
how to sew, but it looked like she was sewing with Grandma's thread -
yikes!)

        Now realize that this simple design doesn't encompass every type of
stitch
the machine is capable of sewing but more so a simple test to see if the
machine can sew something simple without any major headaches.

        This should sew out fine with 0 thread breaks or pullouts.  You should
have
smooth stitches on top and bobbin column can be observed on back for
evaluating your bobbin tension.  This will test/sew on all needles and will
also test for 16 trims.  And because it's a simple design, it shouldn't take
very long to sew.

        If this sews okay every time you sew it, no matter where your machine is
located, then I would focus on something else like the design, the fabric,
the type and amount of backing, the hooping, etc...

        Crazy but true, I've also heard of customer's having problems after
moving
a machine because they were now plugged into a different electrical outlet.
However I don't think this would apply in your case.

Let us know what happens.

Ed Orantes
Amaya, EMT, & EMC Tech
New Orleans, LA