[amayausers.com] Re: machine default trims

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:43:58 UT

This message was posted by Mama Kass on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1434.html

Is there a preference setting in OS (I have V5) for the length of jump before a
trim.  I know that this can be set in DS, but even when I have not checked this
box the machine trims when jumps are more than about 3/8".  Sometimes I'd
rather it not trim because with metallic thread it often leaves a too short
tail in the needle that then comes unthreaded when it starts the next element.
I try to digitize to avoid trims where possible and I do have the trim set on
metallic.