[amayausers.com] Re: low profile hats

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:15:46 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/402.html#000005

Here's what I do, and I do the digitizing and spec samples here, send them out
to Dick & Pat to sew on their 12 Amayas & XT's and they say it works perfect on
their end also.
I setup the design to do any lettering down on the brim first...center out.
Then whatever design there is above it (or if just a design) I do a quick
outline of the whole image in normal walk stitch, 20 pt, to tie it to the
backing. Then the design is sewn out-and whenever possible, always with the
bottom (brim area) first, center out to edge, work your way up. This way you
have tied everything down to the backing...lettering, always set for 5.5 or
higher (less dense) and as you are sewing, excess material is going to be
pushed 'up' to the top of the hat and out of the way.
If you sew out design first and then lettering down to the brim-all the excess
material is being forced against the brim and has no where to go so it bunches
up and/or moves the face of the hat.