[amayausers] Re: low cost cotton/poly polo's

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:17:30 -0400

I'd say it's time for the customer to face reality...unless he
can get someone down to the mill in Mexico and legally bring the
goods back here, you are not going to be able to supply them.
There are several companies that will 'custom dye' fabric for shirts,
but unless you are talking a huge quantity $5 per might get you
one sleeve and a pocket...
If you haven't found it by now, and you've mentioned all the major
suppliers
I think that any of us would recommend...then show the customer what you
CAN get and go from there.
I hope you aren't underselling the job...or he isn't being really
cheap...
a $5 polo (and do you mean net cost or marked up?)  is probably going
to be
almost see-through, lightweight, not much more than a teeshirt with a
collar and buttons!
I have yet to have any problem selling any polo shirt with
screenprinting or embroidery
for less than $18-20 to the customer. And that includes jobs from 12
to 50
at a time.
Even with teeshirts and sweatshirts I run into colors no longer
available all the time.
Try finding the limegreen bright safety teeshirts in the
fall...impossible!
So the customer has to realize we can't be magicians and create a
miracle every time.

Roland