[amayausers.com] Re: loose thread

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:52:51 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/511.html#000013

Natalie,
Personally, I wouldn't spray WD40 in the rotary hook for the spray factor.  It
simply makes a mess.
It's true that the thread path (including rotary hook) must be smooth and clean
as it was when the machine was new.  If your machine is getting to a point
where it's so nasty that it's affecting the sewing quality, then you do want to
keep it clean.  If I were to clean a rotary hook, I use a tooth brush, small
straight bristle brush for picking, air compressor, and rotary hook oil.  To
get specific, I might rotate the rotary hook by hand while doing this cleaning
as well.
If sticky stuff in your rotary hook is the cause for all your problems, then
you've got a lot of sticky stuff where it doesn't belong.  A little bit isn't
going to give you consistent problems.  Consider this, dust and lint will stick
to the sticky stuff and eventually it won't be sticky because it will have a
dry coating of dust.  If there's a lot of this stuff rolling around, chances
are the excess will be pushed to the side or work it's way out.

We've been talking on this subject long enough that I forgot your original
problem.
Okay, I read the first post....
I have seen where if the machine's thread break detection doesn't respond you
might have to do a forced download.  This is not tricky at all.  Click on
"Tools", "Options", "Ethernet" and then check the box that says "Force
Download".  Turn off machine and software and then turn on software first, then
turn on machine after you get the grey screen on the PC.  Be sure to turn this
feature off when we are done.
As for your thread coming out of the needle, I'm curious of your thread feed
system.
If you give me a call in a couple of hours, I will be able to talk you through
a couple of things.
Sincerely,
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer