[amayausers.com] Re: graphtec vinyl cutter

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 21:25:20 UT

This message was posted by crookednail on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/11/85.html#000002

I have the graphtec CE5000 that is used mostly for signs and heat applied
graphics.  I have used it for twill/fabrics once or twice.  You just have to
make sure whatever you're cutting has a carrier on it...either twill that
you've purchased with the carrier OR apply your own to whatever fabric you want
to use.  I heat pressed the "applique" backing onto the fabric loaded in the
cutter and sent the job.  Just do a little testing to make sure you are cutting
just the fabric and will be able to "weed" it as needed. The angle of the
cutter blade and presser will have a lot to do with how successful you'll be.
I'm sure they can help at the # suggested above.