[amayausers.com] Re: grabber bar hitting clamps

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:01:53 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/246.html#000001

Is your hoop side 'clamp' bar too high, bent up out of position?
We've run into problems with heavy jackets and totes pulling the side clamps
'down' so the underside of the hoop runs into the needle plate, causing
everything to jump and shift...and a couple times we've accidently caught on
the bar or the hooped item and bent it 'up', but we always double check now
that everything looks right-and every time we do a setup, run a 'trace' without
a hoop in at all-to make sure nothing will hit. After forgetting to change
'hoop selection' a couple times it was smarter to trace with nothing on the
machine to make SURE we had selected it.