[amayausers] Re: fleece blanket backing

  • From: "Ed Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:07:09 -0600

Ruth,
    Using solvy on top and tear-a-way on the back should do the trick,
however, depending on the design, what you will see primarily on the
backside of the fabric (after tearing away excess backing) will be the white
bobbin.  So, if you have it available, try using bobbin that is a color
close to the color the fabric so that it might blend in.  This will require
you to do research on the bobbin subject as to where to purchase colored
bobbins (if you don't already have) or how to wind your own.
    Most folks/customers understand that the backside of embroidery isn't
pretty but it is what's necessary to have the front side look as nice as it
does.  Some manufacturing companies will sew another layer of fabric on the
back side of the fabric just to cover the "ugly" side of the embroidery.
That definitely adds to the price.

Ed