[amayausers] Re: colors

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:36:56 -0400

I just match up what I think looks good. (If the customer is with you, ask them
to pick out the colors they want or keep a thread chart handy and highlight the
colors you have in stock.) I have about 100 colors in stock. 99% of the time I
can find something that matches up fine. Since you have 288 colors, matching
colors should never be a problem. After looking up 10 or 20 designs and all the
colors associated with them, you will quickly find out that it takes up way to
much time and is not profitable for you.

From: Tom D'Auria <lastczar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:46:53 -0700 (PDT) Hi -

I'm relatively new to embroidery and have two
AMAYA XT machines.  I also have the Dakota
collection and am trying to match the ARC poly
colors to the Dakota collection.  I see Dakota
has a match to Madeira thread but not to ARC.  I
did also buy the 288 thread collection of ARC so
that I would be able to match almost any color.
Can somebody guide me on how to match for example
Lt. Red in Dakota to the actual spool in ARC
poly.

thanks
Tom
Blue River Apparel
Join the next generation of Hotmail and you could win the adventure of a
lifetime
http://www.imagine-msn.com/minisites/sweepstakes/mail/register.aspx