[amayausers.com] Re: color change stepper index error / heads down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:31:43 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1173.html#000011

ckramer,

Go into Settings, Timers and left click on the 2,000,000 Step tab. This will
take you through several Maintenance procedures one of which is the Color
Change Home and ( Color Change ) Needlecase index sensors. I checked , with my
Big Red on, both Ver 7 and Ver 9 and it is listed in both of them.

 You said, "If this is so important to keep these sensors clean" It is, from my
experience as a tech, not only "important, but "extremely critical" to keep
these sensors clean on the Big Reds. These sensors, in my opinion, was/is the
weak link with the Big Reds and is part of the reason the XT series of Amayas,
Bravos too, do not have them. Encorders on the motors now take care of these
functions on the XT series.

The "Timers" for the maintanence of the machine. These "pop-ups" can be viewed
as both a blessing and a curse. I have even heard the Amaya engineers say that
they wish they had never added these Timers to the software, but they had to do
"something", otherwise folks would "never" lube their machines.

The reason they would say that is because they have no control over the
environment that the machine lives in. Cold, heat, humidity, dust, speed at
which the machine is run at, flat work where garments may shed a lot of lint,
like fleece blankets, caps that shed a lot of buckram dust when sewn and on and
on. All of these examples and more affect the lubrication of the machine in
different ways. Therefore, the Timers are there as a pending GUIDELINE, not as
the GOSPEL.

If folks would set up their own lubrication schedule and use the Timers as a
reminder just in case they have over looked something, dependent on their own
situations, there would probably be less work for the techs, but human nature
says we don't have to worry about that happening in the near future...

As to when to blow out these sensors? Well, here we go again. I do not have
control over the environment or the garments or the conditions , etc, so to
cover all the bases and not put myself at jeopardy, blow them out at least
daily.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer