[amayausers] Re: auto-actifeed confusion

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:21:29 -0400

Herb, I learned about this years ago in screen printing, when I was
doing water based inks and getting really bad density of the final
print!  Can't remember who it was that told me the trick...one way to
find which shirt has better quality. The better the shirts, the more
even the density when you look through it. Also a way to show
customers what happens with 100% cotton shirts-each time they get
washed, more of the short fibers get washed out. After a couple
washes-you'll see the same blotchy material through a light. When
screened images start to get 'mottled'...it isn't the INK coming off,
its the FIBERS washing down the drain and taking the ink with it!
Black fabric and black thread will always be the worst material-
because every roll of fabric is made from white
thread...always....the white thread is dyed to make your other thread
colors. Since black hides everything, all reject thread/material will
end up in the black vat. Since some of that may have already been
dyed another color, now you have the additional black dye. Pick up
any identical two shirts-white and black, and weigh the difference!
Its all dye...hence the problem with black bobbin thread being the
worst to keep even for tension, etc. It is varying 'thicknesses', or
density, because of all the other dyes that are in that batch!
Got this from an inside source years ago...so never believe what a
company 'rep' or salesman tells you...think of them as used car saleman!
Roland