[amayausers.com] Re: XT Trimmer Type 2 Problems

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:14:39 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1426.html#000001

The newer style ACAT trimmer, which is what Hugo replaced your original trimmer
with, in my experience needs to be cleaned more  often and more oil be used to
keep the parts sliding freely. The knife and selector are a unit and cannot be
separated like we did with the original trimmer. I suspect that the pushrods
are bent now, the trimmer has not had enough oil and there is a possibility of
lint, thread, fuzz, etc, built up in the cairrer housing. You are right, the
old trimmer blades do not look like the ACAT and are not interchangeable.

The common denominator that would affect all or almost all of the needles on
two different machines would be the trimmer is not getting the proper throw
length to be able to pick up both bobbin and top thread.

I would say that it is time for a call to Hugo to come and give the ACATs and
machines a good going over.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer