[amayausers.com] Re: XT Shutting Off at Random . . .

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:39:19 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/272.html

Yesterday I was sewing a 36,000 stitch design. Around halfway through, the
trimmer mis-trimmed and moved to the next positon approximately 2 inches away
at which point the thread of course snapped. I hit the stop button so I could
rethread the needle, but instead of it stopping (yes I hit the stop button, not
the emergency stop button), the XT stopped with the needle down and my computer
screen grayed out just like it does when the XT is powered down. The computer
responded fine, except there was no XT loaded in the OS. After a few moments of
swearing, I powered down the XT, closed the OS and restarted the OS, then
powered up the XT which started up fine. I needed to retrace my design to the
point of interruption and was able to save my piece. Anyone ever have this
happen? Why would this happen? The XT ran fine the rest of the day. I have a
battery backup so it wasn't a power outtage. The power button was still on so
it wasn't accidentally shut down. Very weird.