[amayausers] Re: WearGuard

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:32:41 -0400

I'm not surprised someone wants an embroidery shop to do the sewing
on WearGuard...I just checked their website...
and SETUP alone for embroidery, $90 for small front/chest logo, $125
for back ! So if you wanted a front and back job, $215 JUST
for the setup...then the embroidery charge on top of that!
Whoowee!  What a way to make a profit!
And then $14.95 for front or $40 for the back.
Doesn't say how many stitches but I'll bet there is a 'max' stitch
count hidden in there somewhere.
I can't see them doing my customer's jacket logo- 74,000 just on the
back alone!
I didn't see any place to buy 'blank' at below catalog price so I'd
say it isn't worth trying to find them.
I've turned away customers that wanted me to screenprint on WearGuard
clothing they bought-now I know why they wanted ME to
do the job-costs too much through Aramark!
Problem is-most of the work clothing has been treated for 'stain
resistance' and you can't screenprint on that treated cloth..not
and guarantee it won't wash off!
Customers may be 'brainwashed' into having to buy a particular
'brand'...no matter the cost-then they want US to embellish it
for half the price the mfg. would charge.
I can usually find the comparable item through other companies, at
half the price 'retail' and show it to the customer and have them
test it...to prove they are not buying quality-they are buying a
'brand name'.
Sometimes its hard to sell to the customer but if they want to save
money...its the only way.
Sanmar Port Authority 'work jacket-is superior to Carhartt jackets,
made for embroidery with hidden zippers to get 'inside' the lining,
no center seam on the back to screw up hooping, AND retails for $40
less than Carhart!
Dickie Line-sold in Kmart, etc.-probably available through a supplier
somewhere-is comparable with a lot of the
WearGuard and sells for a fraction of the cost.
Just have to search it out, get a sample, and prove it to the customer.