[amayausers.com] Re: WD-40 Wash

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 18:35:52 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1512.html

If you have ever used spray glue and now you have thread breaks and mis
trims, you probably need to do a WD40 wash.

Take the bobbin out.  Take the cover off the trimmer and clean out all you
can.  Then surround that area with a box, towels rags etc.  Take the thread
out of the needle and grab ahold of the thread because you have to pull it
as the machines runs to keep it from thinking there is a thread break.  Now
get a design that doesn't involve too much hoop movement, pull slightly on
the thread you got ahold of, start the design (no hoop is on the machine)
and spray the he...l out of it with the WD40 as it is running - both the top
where the trimmer is and the bobbin area.  It is going to be very messy,
hence all the rags and towels surrounding the bobbin shaft area.  It is
going to fly everywhere! It should be dripping and very wet all over that
area.  Now, just let it sit for 20min or so.  Get out your Q-tips, rags,
tweezers, brushes - anything that can help you clean everything.  After your
20 min, get in there and clean out everything.  You might even want to
remove the knife and clean all the surfaces just to make sure it is really
clean.  Then put everything back together.

After using spray glue for years, there was a thin layer of glue on
absolutely every surface in the bobbin/trimmer area.  And I couldn't see a
thing  - and neither did my tech.  Very, very thin coating that caused major
havoc!  Since I did that almost a year ago, my XT has had NO thread breaks
or mis trims that weren't design related - and therefore could be fixed.  My
machine hums.  I go many thousands of stitches with nary a problem.  BUT,
before the WD40 Wash, I was ready to throw my machine through the window.  I
was so frustrated!!!  And now I  just smile.

Juli in Kona