[amayausers.com] Re: Vista 64 Bit & Network Cards - Ethernet Did Not Start

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 03:52:46 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/535/2.html#000015

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by Mike:
 John did you find out if it is Vista 64 on your computer?  Does it have 4gigs
of ram?  If it does than it is Vista 64.  Also you can Right click on Control
Panel and then Properties and it will tell you.  ----- Heh.  Yep.  It was Vista
64 - but had 3gb of ram.  Funny, as an IT Manager, you'd think I would have
noticed that when I bought it but I didn't. My only clue on the install like I
said was the two program files folders - but even then it didn't totally click.

Anyway, I installed Vista Business 32 bit version (normal) and all is well.
The nic cards showed up immediately.  Luckily I had a spare copy here.
Otherwise, the computer would have had to have gone back.  Would be nice if
they gave you the option on boot or the restore disc to install the 32 bit
version instead.