[amayausers.com] Re: V9 DS and Vista 32 bit Ultimate

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:34:42 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/411.html#000008

As mentioned - DS and AOS now work with 64 Bit Vista.

While we're at it, lets clear up another misconception... 64 bit vista will run
most programs the 32 bit version will without issues.  There are a few
imcompatibilities but as a pretty heavy user myself, I have 2 computers on my
network that run 64 bit vista and they run all the major programs fine
(quickbooks/quicken, office, adobe creative suite etc...).  The problem with
AOS was with the network stack and that was resolved.

In most cases, if your stuff can run on vista 32, it will run fine on vista 64.
 Will there be exceptions, yes - but for most users, the transition is seamless
or at most, might require a few driver updates.