[amayausers.com] Re: Upgading Amaya OS Software

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 05:44:29 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/114.html#000002

I can answer that.  I just bought DS Plus Pro and they send you the latest OS
with it.  No, you don't have to delete anything.  The new OS installs right
over the old one.  And you use your same dongle.

One the the very noticeable things with the new OS is that the needle change is
fast and smooth, and sounds different.  Nice.  It was kinda irritating to have
the needle move in steps.  Now it just goes, one crack.

BUT, I am having issues.  I entered a new hoop as per info that come onto this
list awhile ago.  I did not at that time have that particular hoop, but copied
off the info anyway.  Got all the numbers in - all 32 points - and it looks
pretty good.  got the pic in too.  The first time I traced it, it went outside
the hoop - way outside!  Checked to see if I had the "Detect hoop limits" on,
and I did not, so turned that on.  Traced again and everything was fine.
Except  ---  why did it go way outside the hoop in the first place??.  And
later, it happened again.  So, it happens sometimes!, but not all the time.
Hate that.  I find that really strange.  Oh, and also, the program would close
when trying to access the new hoop  -- sometimes.  I get it going again by
turning off the computer and rebooting, but what a hassle.  So, I don't know if
it is the new hoop, or the new OS.

Juli in Kona