[amayausers] Re: Trimmers driving me nuts

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:13:10 -0600

David,
Have you contacted tech support at Melco yet? That would be the first step
you should take. Undoubtably you are experiencing a calibration issue,
better said, the positioning of the individual needle bars/needles to the
exact center of the bobbin spindle shaft.

The home needle on the XT is the #1. Something to check immediately is the
centering of the needle plate to this needle at the #1 position. Make sure
it is set so the needle is as close to center as you can possibly get it.
Now check the other 15 needles in relation to how they center in the
needleplate hole. If you see nocticeable differences with them being left or
right of center , this would or may indicate that that particular needle
needs to be recalibrated to line it up with the spindle shaft. These are
micro adjustments. Also, the hook timing must be set correctly, as well as
the precise setting of the selector and knife assembly, a fixture is now
used to set this by a qualified tech.

The first step is to give Melco support a call and let them know about what
is going on......

Rod Springer

Rod & Sharon Springer
Embroidery Cottage