[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks on Karate Belts....Help!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:31:36 UT

This message was posted by integrity on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/519.html#000001

Mary, the key factors for my success with karate belts has been to use a larger
needle (80/12 sharp) and set the acti-feed to manual and use a very high
number, typically 25 to 28.  This allows enough thread to feed, and since the
letters I use are usually block, not too many long and short stitches overall,
the extra feed is just right when you look at the underside for proper
proportions of top thread and bobbin thread. And slow it down to about 900 to
1000, much like working with hats, and set the pressor foot at the proper
height for the added thickness.  I use one of the larger wooden hoops and have
purchased the detachable tables to help the belt lay flat as it moves around
the bobbin arm.

HTH,
Dave