[amayausers.com] Re: Tee shirts & Shrinkage

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:10:44 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/893.html#000001

Cotton will always shrink!
it is in its nature the fibers expand when wet shortening their length. they do
not rebound till stretched.
The only "100% cotton" that will not shrink is a
60/40 or 50/50 poly blend.

YES I KNOW THAT, THAT IS NOT 100% cotton but if you look at the advertized
Gildan 100% cotton heathers they are blends.
I have had customers ask for 100% cotton and order the heather color and LOVE
the shirts then next time order a plain color of the same style and HATE them
for shrinkage.
Just inform the customer they WILL have shrinkage in any 100% cotton and they
should adjust sizes accordingly.
I try to steer customers to blends as it makes my life easier...