[amayausers] Re: Slim Line - Should it rub?

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:23:49 EDT

Yes the frame rests on the sewing arm. The clamp should of had a plastic
adhesive strip that you place over the arm so there's no metal to metal
contact.

As for the pocket, are you sewing above the pocket and don't want to catch
the front? Knowing what kind of garment are you working on might help. I just
did some totes with the design just above the pocket. The sewing field was
extremely narrow (and smaller on some of the bags). For a couple of bags I
ended
 up putting a large binding clip on the top opening and held it forward
while the machine stitched away. For these 2 bags, the bottom of the design
ended
up being partially covered by the top of the pocket (the top of the design
was at the very top of the bag....I had already reduced the design by 15% and
didn't want to reduce any more). Hope this helps. If not, let us know what
you're working with.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 5/17/2006 1:08:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
stevegriswold@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,

Should the Slim Line main yellow frame,  that you thumb screw / Alan wrench
onto the Amaya, rub against the round metal  sewing arm?  Ours sits right on
top of the metal sewing arm of the  machine, and touches it.
Also when you sew a pocket is there a trick to  keep the back of the pocket
away from the front so you do not sew it together  with the frame stuck inside?
 A way to adjust the needle height or do you  just fluff out the pocket the
best you can?

Thanks,
Steve

Impressions Embroidered Apparel