[amayausers.com] Re: Skip

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:43:34 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/202.html

I have a design that has to be done off center.  To make it center the way I
want, I put some aligning stitches right on the edge of the hoop, left and
right.  But I don't want these two places to stitch out.  So, when I assigned
the needles, I put a "skip" before the last color.  According to everything I
have read, it should skip the last color and just end.  But it is not doing
that at all!  I seems to ignore the "Skip" and goes ahead and sews those two
spots.  Is that because it is the last color?

Is there a better way to get my design to center off center?  Since this is a
hat design with words way out to each side just about but not quite to the max
and one side longer than the other, can I do anything else to make this work?
My basic trouble is that I am having massive trouble with the trimmer and I
will get a snapped needle with these two spots 14" apart!  And, yes, I am
pursuing that with the techs.  But regardless, I don not want these two spots
to sew at all.

Juli in Kona