[amayausers.com] Re: Setting machine thread feed

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:49:41 UT

This message was posted by ckramer on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1490.html

I think our machines are a bit too tight for their settings on the thread feed,
as no matter what is used for backing on thin or dri-fit type garments, we
still get some puckering. We have used the mesh, extra stable with the fibers
that run both directions, regular cut away, etc. so I am down to thinking our
thread feed is not correct as the tension is perhaps the cause now.  We are
running the "tweeners" not the big reds, and not the XT's, but the amayas that
were in the transition stage between those two.  I have the thread feed now set
at 51 with the lower limit set at 3 in order to get them to still sew without
false thread breaks.  Bobbin tension is dropping about 1 1/2".  Have tried the
1" drop with the auto setting as suggested with the thread feed at 50, but that
was worse.  do I want to keep increasing or decrease the thread feed and drop
the lower limit or what to alliviate this problem?  We have tried all the
suggested backings, toppings, whatever and still the pr
 oblem exists, so this is all I can come up with as the culprit.  Anyone???