[amayausers.com] Re: Screenprinting Film Output Help Needed with Illustrator CS3

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 14:33:17 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/425.html#000002

Don't know what happened to my answer-I know I sent one...(well, with my brain
damage...maybe I 'thought' I did...)
Gabi has the 'geek' squad version of an answer, but I use Freehand (similar to
illustrator) and I can use a 'dot fill' (premade fill pattern) and assign dot
sizes, or make a solid fill that is a 'percentage' of black, which will make
the 'dot' pattern Gabi talks about. Then with that area 'highlighted' or
'clicked', find your 'set halftone' box-and you can assign the 'size' of the
halftone dots. For example-my printer will go up to 2000 dpi-so it can take a
'fill' set to and dpi up to that-the higher number, the smaller and closer the
dots. For printing a 'dot' pattern to simulate a shadow in the same color for
screenprinting-I set that fill to around 45 lpi, makes a large, spaced out dot
you can 'see' easily. Burned with the image for screenprinting, it makes the
'shadow' look like gray (using black ink) because your optic nerves can't see
and focus on 'little black dots' and 'blends' them to produce what you think is
gray.
So if you can't find the 'pattern' menu, look for 'set halftone'. (try the
'help' menu)
Roland