[amayausers.com] Re: SanMar's Apparent Meltdown

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:29:20 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/718.html#000009

I hear you but three days down, millions of dollars lost - someone is getting
canned.  A company this size simply has to have a backup solution in place or
an alternative way of doing business.  I can't wait to hear what actually
caused all this.

I think smaller scale wise, many medium to small businesses are indeed reactive
- but when you get to someone this big, I'm very suprised.  We order most of
our stuff from SanMar and this has been a royal pain this week.  Plus they
didn't let us know until very late in the outage that the stuff we ordered
early in the week wasn't shipping.  Fact is, maybe they didn't know since the
computers were down.