[amayausers.com] Re: Rust on Z Shaft

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:29:34 UT

This message was posted by Kip Biddle on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/326.html#000004

Rod - - You Are the Man!  That is exactly the answer.  I have three XT's and
two have the rust the third doesn't.  Because the two have been 'disconnected
from system' in the middle of a design a few months ago, I needed to rotate the
Z-axis shaft by hand before turning the machine back on.  On closer inspection,
the rust 'pattern' happens to be the size of my right paw!  Go Figure!!!

Thanks for the replies - and Ed, don't feel bad, I have a Merriam Webster link
on my desktop to their website!!