[amayausers.com] Re: RAID

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:00:37 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/212.html#000003

Curtis:

I don't think Design Shop/OS is 64 bit ready  ;)

Honestly, I use mirroring alone and don't notice a performance knock (4 of the
9 PC's are mirrored).  Especially if the processor is fast and you have enough
RAM.  These days, I'm recommending for Vista Systems - 2GB minimum and
preferably 3-4GB.  There is a big difference between 1GB and 2GB and even more
when you hit 4GB especially with processor intensive applications.