[amayausers] Re: Puff foam help!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:45:38 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/115.html#000001

I don't do 3-D stuff myself but I do know a few basics.  You say this design is
digitized for 3-D which means all the ends should be setup so they cut the foam
clean and the satin stitches should be denser to cover the foam.  As far as the
foam sticking through they use heat to slightly melt the foam so that it sucks
down under the stitching so you don't see it.  The trick is to heat it enough
to melt the foam and not so much as to melt the thread.  Trial and error I
hear.  I let my cap company (Pacific Headwear) do all my 3-d foam cause they
are good at it.  I think a hair dryer is not enough heat and a heat gun works
if at the right temp but can definitely get to hot and melt thread.

Hope this helps