[amayausers.com] Re: Puckering Revisited

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:59:47 UT

This message was posted by Steve F. on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/204.html

Okay, I am at my wit's end with this puckering thing.  I have a logo that I am
sewing onto woven shirts.  It's about 8500 stitches in 4 colors.  Part of the
design is consists of fill stitches with a statin stitch border, then there is
some statin stitch letters (not a font but digitized letters) about .7" tall.
The density is 3.7 on statin and fill stitch areas.

Underneath this is some text (Ole Script Dak font) that is .35" tall.

When sewn out, there isn't a lot of puckering, but after washing/drying (low
heat) it starts resembling a prune!

I have tried using two layers of backing, increasing the pull comp, increasing
the density to as high as 4.5pts which were suggestions in previous posts I
found on the this topic.  Nothing has had a marked decrease in the puckering.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve
MetroMonograms