[amayausers.com] Re: Problem stitching a satin stitch logo

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:54:48 UT

This message was posted by crossthread on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1632.html

I just got a new contract job and they gave me an already digitized satin
stitch design. It is basically 3 letters kind of merged together.

I did a pre-stitch on muslin and it looked ok. I though the stitches could have
been a little more dense.

I had different kinds of materials, towel, very thin knit t-shirt, fleece hat,
and cap.

I delivered the items and they called me today saying that my machine did not
stitch out their design very well. It was loose but clean.
They said it was my machine and I should be able to adjust it for different
materials.

I ran it manually and did adjust it according to the thickness of the item. I
did not have it in auto. Should I have?

I was a little upset with their response. I got the last of the order that was
shipped to me today and feel I should not do it.

Can anyone give me advice on how to handle this, adjust my machines etc.

I always thought it was a digitizing issues and designs are digitized for
certain kinds of material etc.

I appreciate any advice ( and the contract pricing they gave me is very low
1-4000 stitches, $2.70 and goes up from there. Is this market???

Thank you,
Pam