[amayausers.com] Re: Pricing questions?????????

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:42:52 UT

This message was posted by DKYDesigns on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/624.html

Hi everyone!

My name is Donna and I am new to this forum.  I have been reading all the posts
for several weeks and have learned a great deal.  Ya'll have so many great
ideas and solutions it's amazing, I hope you can help me.

I just started a new embroidery business. I've been embroidering for about
7yrs, mostly for hobbie, however I have done the occasional side job.  I have 4
machines total (2 Janome MC's 9,000 & 10,000, Babylock 6 needle and my
AmayaXT). I refer to my nused (new used)haha AmayaXT as BIG MAMA.

My question is in the pricing department, not for the embroidery but on the
upcharge for garments, ie...shirts/hats/bags, etc.  I'm not sure what
percentage or upcharge I should do.

Oh, by the way, I have the sequin device on BIG MAMA and while I think it is
the "best thing since sliced bread", the sequins are rather pricey as well as
the actual device, and it's hard to come up w/a price for doing the designs.
Can anyone help me.

Also, and other tips of the trade and things to know and do and not to do would
be greatly appreciated, I always respect advice given by people who have been
there and done that.  I know I will get lots of wonderful ideas and advice and
I look forward to all of ya'lls expertise.

Looking forward to a long and lasting relationship w/all of you.