[amayausers.com] Re: Preparing Amaya XT for 6-Month Hibernation

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:29:29 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/800.html

Hi All,

I'm preparing to leave for an all expense paid 6-month work assignment in
Brisbane, Australia for my job.  The Amaya XT supports my rather expensive
sewing hobby--my real job helps pay for it!  I leave on October 28, 2009 and
won't return to the United States until April 26, 2010.  My friends tell me I
should take the Amaya XT with me on the flight with me.  Wish I could!!  I am
thinking I'll take a much smaller Pfaff sewing/embroidery machine instead.

Is there anything I should do for my Amaya XT that I am leaving behind besides
unplug it and drape a cover over it to keep the dust out?  Do I need to lube a
few parts before I go?  It will be sitting inside my home in San Diego so it
should keep relatively clean.  I imagine when I get back I'll have to do some
major lubrication.  I can check back with you experts then.

In the meantime, I will probably go silent on this list until I return in
April.  Miss you all!

Thanks!
Ed Roux