[amayausers.com] Re: Pinocchio Syndrome

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:22:19 +0000

Audra,
Two points:
1) Hoop arms.  Know that the bottom of the hoop is supposed to slide across the
top of the sewing arm as the machine sews.  However, only with the weight of
the garment.  Meaning that when you put only the hoop in the arms, the bottom
of the hoop should just barely be touching the top of the sewing arm.  The arms
should be roughly even distance from the floor.  The way to correct this is to
bend them back gently.  Don't go crazy bending them up and down as they might
experience "metal fatigue" and then they will break.  On any given year, you
might have to adjust these slightly once or twice but any more than that and
something is wrong with the arms or the operator.
2) Sewing Quality.  For embroider to be correct, there is what I call the
embroidery triangle.  Basically three points that must be right for your
embroidery to be correct.  1) The Machine - must be running like it's supposed
to mechanically.  2) Operator - must have a clue what they are doing with
respect to hooping, backing, needles, thread path, bobbin tension, etc...  This
person should have taken a training course and not try to wing it on their own.
 3) Digitizing - If you do not do this for a living, then send it out to
someone who does.  This is not to say you can't try or practice digitizing.
Only that if  you are trying to get embroidery work done, then focus on
embroidery until you possess the knowledge to do both embroidery and
digitizing.  Also, Digitizing is a whole other course to learn after you
understand embroidery.
As for trusting the sew quality, "Practice, Practice, Practice".
Good Luck
Ed

-------------- Original message from webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: --------------