[amayausers] Re: Pantone guide

  • From: "Don Hanson" <terradon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:09:26 -0500

Yes, we use a Pantone Guide
http://www.pantone.com/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=53&ca=1

If you do a lot of logo work, most colors are specified as PMS colors. We use
the "Coated"
colors (printed on shiny paper), finding the specified PMS number and then
holding the
color next to a likely match on the thread chart. I find that far more accurate
than the
matches that are on any of the charts or programs.

But...with only 300 or so thread colors and 1100+ PMS colors, there's not
always going to
be a close match, so having the customer decide is a good idea.

I don't see how a Pantone Guide is supposed to help you match an ARC color to
Madeira,
though. You'd need both thread charts and if you had those, you could compare
without
using a pantone guide!

Don
Terradon Embroidery