[amayausers.com] Re: Pantone color chart

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 05:32:05 UT

This message was posted by Wishes on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1264.html#000003

Dear Pam,
If you are going to be in the business long it is worth the price to purchase
the color sets directly from Pantone.  We found the best one to purchase is the
graphics not the textile one.  We got the textile set first and come to find
out that graphic artists use the graphic set.  Also if you find a matching
system on the computer the paper ink, actual thread color and computer colors
don't always look like the real thread.  We alwasys have to explain that to the
client. The two places I would send you have removed their Pantone match
probably for licensing purchases.  Margaret