[amayausers] Re: Off Topic - Advertizing

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:44:40 EST

I told everyone when I started my business what I was doing. When  I left my
full time job I joined the local chamber of commerce (we have a really  good
one) and I attend every meeting (2 times monthly). I'm active in  church and
have told the children's pastor what I'm doing (I've  gotten a few jobs from
them). My husband, father, and other friends and  business associates refer
people to me. I'm specializing in small business (one  is my minimum) and that
really helps the small guy that only wants a  few items. I've also done an
order
for over 250 shirts through a  corporate account I have. In May I'm the small
business focus at  Costco....we'll see what that turns up. I'm considering
advertising in  a small local community paper. I'm slowly building a solid base
and my  income. I've not done any cold calling (it's hard with a child in tow)
but I  hope to this fall (son in preschool). I do have a sign on my car which
did bring  in a job. I want to do a better job in communicating with my
customers and doing  followup. So much to do, so little time....

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 4/2/2005 8:36:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was  just wondering how and where most of the home based businesses
advertise? I  would like some ideas so I can spend my money more wisely.
Thanks in  advance
Russell Silva
R. S.  Embroidery