[amayausers] Re: (No Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:42:36 -0800

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We do some saddle covers that have virtually the same make up
We don't do any special underlay or anything the stitching sits on top
like a dream you can even go a little less on Density, I would say around 4
is good where if this was regular fabric I might go in the 3.5 range.
as far as backing you can usually go with out, but sometimes it works
with a light tear-away not so much for stability but to keep the back
a little cleaner. We don't use any backing, besides Amaya adds have
been touting for sometime that you don't need backing on a lot of stuff
because of the new thread feed system.
The biggest issue is because of the thickness and the pliability of the foam
hooping is a little trickier. getting it tight without hoop burns, try to
make a
donut out of backing to avoid marking the nylon. and watch the first
stitches
as they get started, they have to compress the fabric and hold it until more
stitches
hold it in place. they have a tendency to want to pull out on a new stitch
run.

slow it down a little too, give the stitching time to grab on and the needle
time to
exit the material, if possible use a titanium needle they handle the extra
heat
and friction of nylon better than a standard needle.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
www.bodycoverdesign.com

Grants Pass, Oregon