[amayausers.com] Re: New Computer Specs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:12:25 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/841.html#000001

Juli,
I have been working on Dells for the past 8 years. I have tested many others
and found the Dells to be the most reliable and easiest to work on. From what I
have read the 64 bit will not run on DS9. I would get Windows 7 with the
windows XP downgrade. DO NOT get Vista, it is a piece of crap. As far as your
printer goes, go to HP.com and search for your model number and see if HP has
drivers for both windows 7 and xp. Dells optiplex model is best foe commercial
environments and they do sell them with the option of a dual monitor setup.
Don't worry about the power supply. Dell will put the right one in for your
setup. Also make sure you get at least 256mb video card. If you do a lot of
graphics suck s photoshop, I would suggest 512mb card. Sorry bout any mistakes
as I'm on my blackberry. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me.