[amayausers] Re: Network card issues

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:32:56 UT

This message was posted by Green Eyed Di on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/25.html

Hi All!
  I am having a really strange issue and I thought perhaps someone here might
have an idea or two as to what I could try.
   I recently got a brand new laptop and have loaded Amaya OS and Design Shop
(and nothing else) to it.  It has 2 GB of Ram and an Intel duo core processor.
When I start Amaya OS and turn on my XT it gets to the point where the XT and
OS should be communicating and for no apparent reason the laptop blue screens
with a STOP error message.  The error refers to a driver conflict with the
Intel network drivers(ele5132.sys)--so, apparently Amaya OS and the Intel
network card aren't playing nice together.  The card works fine on it's own and
Amaya OS works fine on it's own---they just don't work together.  I called
Melco tech support and they said it's not their software since it works fine
when not connected to the network card and I called the computer tech support
and they say it's not the network card since it works fine when not connected
to Amaya OS.    :confused:    *sigh*  Has anyone ever had anything similar
happen?  Or, does anyone have any ideas?
    As a last ditch effort---what types of Network cards/laptop computers do
people here have that DO work with Amaya OS?  If I can't fix this issue I am
left with an expensive brand new laptop doorstoop.  :(
           Any help or ideas appreciated!
               Thanks,
                 Di