[amayausers.com] Re: Needle Replacement

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 03:45:30 UT

This message was posted by NewToEmb on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1284.html

On a vendor's website, it said that we should replace needles often.  They
suggested that we should replace the needle (for small home machines) whenever
a bobbin runs out.  I have a six needle machine and as most of the designs I
use have more than one color, I assume that after every sixth bobbin change
would seem appropriate under this rule of thumb.  To me this seems excessive.
I now have about 2 million stitches on my machine and have only replaced the
needles twice (when they broke, due to my error, I might add).  I have not had
any stitching problems so far.  Please let me know your thoughts on needle
replacement.  And thank you all for the information you post.  Although I have
a six needle Babylock I have learned so much from this site.