[amayausers.com] Re: Needle Bar Stuck Down

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:31:38 UT

This message was posted by Amy on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/856.html

I could really use some help!  My machine stopped in the middle of stitching
with a Y axis error.  I hit the e-stop and then released the e-stop.  I thought
everything was okay cause the needle went back up.  When I tried to back up
before starting to stitch again, the machine asked if I wanted to trim and I
clicked on yes.  Big mistake!  the grabber bar went back and the needle came
back down.  Now I am stuck.

I found a post that said with the e-stop pressed, remove the needle clamp from
the needle bar.  Then rotate the top shaft which will take the needle bar up.
I have the needle clamp off but cannot rotate the top shaft.  Is there anything
that needs to be loosened before the shaft can rotate?  I am assuming the top
shaft is the shaft that goes to the needle bars and take-up levers.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Amy in Indiana